'via Blog this'
>> "OAS Imaginary Movie: #TITMOTA 1 & 2"
Occupy with Art
August 8, 2012
- The Occupational Art School commences its program auspiciously with "Time in the Mind of the Anarchive," a conversation-starter in two [2X∞] parts, #TITMOTA 1+2. The opening festivities slated for Thursday, August 9 at 7PM at Bat Haus in Bushwick include a presentation by Bold Jez, a/k/a Jez Bold, a/k/a Jeremy, a/k/a Jez3PREZ, etc., entitled "Recording Future History: Activist archivism in Occupy Wall Street." The actuality of our expo is N+1-oriented, so come prepared. It's a hot summer in Brooklyn, and 11 months after the first interventions in and around Wall Street popped up, the promise of occupation is a multi-faceted proposition, if not an outright seduction, to be fulfilled. #TITMOTA is therefore a beginning that looks behind us, over our shoulders.
>> "[OAS NODE #1]: When is #TITMOTA? And why?"
Occupy with Art
August 4, 2012
- Have you ever seen a work of art change over time? Or watched a complex idea emerge from many unintentional steps? For the Anarchives, process is product is process: each recorded moment brings a new iteration in an evolving work of art. History itself is changing over time and each documented moment is an opportunity for a new interpretation.
- Would you like to understand more?
- Join Bold Jez, anarchivist, at the opening of the newly founded Occupational Art School for his 1st solo show called "TIME IN THE MIND OF THE ANARCHIVES." Examine a collection of strange and familiar objects. Discover what the universe looks like when refracted through the infinite panels of the K(rystalleido)scope. Join him for a performance-presentation "Recording Future History: Activist archivism in Occupy Wall Street" to learn more about how the Anarchives altered recent history and informed the origins of OWS.
- As stated by #Jez3Prez, anarchist candidate for Prezident, "In order to radically change our history, we must revolutionize our concept of time." The site of historical struggle can begin anywhere, and here it begins by infiltrating the archive.
- *Time in the Mind of the Anarchives, Pt 1 [#TITMOTA][August 9, 2012 at OAS Node #1][BAT HAUS, Bushwick]
- 7 pm Wander/wonder/wait/explore (discover drawings inside of journals, find movies inside books, look for scenes on the ceiling)
- 8 pm Presentation/Performance "Recording Future History: Activist archivism in Occupy Wall Street" featuring:
- - #LiveReports from the 1st General Assembly of OWS 2011.Aug.2, "testing wall street" 2011.Sept.1, and the NY Fun Exchange [#NYFE] 2012.Sept.17
- - #LiveReplays of Pre-Occupy Wall Street direct action stunts in Wall Street by the original OWS Arts and Culture Posse #OWSACP
- (Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/370272566379787/ )
- *Time in the Mind of the Anarchives Pt 2 [#TITMOTA2]: Potluck/Potlache
- Revolutionary Games, in collaboration with the Occupational Art School, invites you to the latest in its series of salons: the #TITMOTA2 Potluck & Potlache will be a free space to participate in an art exchange and give away of recipes, books, media, art...whatever items of substance that you want to send out into the world. This event is a community BBQ and potluck, a review & replay of the first #TITMOTA, and a playground for games, music, and memees; bring things to share with everyone. #OASNode0 invites you to a potlache of orphan works that we commit the annals of the Anarchives by documenting their current presence and sending them into the world with new stewards (who collect, care for, & document the item's changes over time). YOU could already be the new host of an item from the Anarchives! We invite you to bring something to send out as well, something of your own to share with the world through the collection of this revolutionary community archive. As with any valuable experience, expect to come away with more than you came...
- (Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/154708874653530 )